With the onset of festive season, employees look forward to corporate gifts. Employees are the base of any successful company. It is very important for the bosses to keep employees happy. Happy employees lead to a successful company. When employees slog with meeting targets on time, they deserve a token of appreciation in the form of corporate gifts.
What would you consider before gifting?
Gifting employees helps them to be motivated. Gifting also brings a positive environment in the office as every employee feels that his/her efforts have not gone unnoticed. There are certain factors which need to be considered when you decide to gift your employees.
• Allocate certain portion of budget for gifting
• Chose the right time for gifting
• Understand the sentiments of your employees
• Follow business etiquettes
• Use personal touch
• Be Thoughtful
• Think out of box
Art of gifting employees:
While bonuses are given as a form of appreciation, sometimes gifts help boost the appreciation quotient. Employees appreciate gifts like a tie or a pen stand with the company name engraved or a duffel bag or even a gourmet box. Corporate gifts are expensive. If you have to shell out certain amount for, let’s say 1000 employees, then gifting uneconomical things that are not useful to the employee does not make any sense. When gifting the employee, think from his/her perspective, will the gift be appropriate and useful to him/her.
How much can you spend on your employee is dependent on:
1. Tenure of employee: There are some employees who are there with you right from the inception of the company. They are valued employees, who are very loyal to you. For these employees, you have to spend a little more than you would spend on other employees.
2. Stick to the budget: In the process of gifting, it becomes necessary that the budget is allocated. Note down how much you can afford to spend for each employee. You budget, of course, depends on how much revenue the company has earned in the year. Gifts can also be chosen accordingly.
3. Jot down the gifting hierarchy: Select gift according to the ranks of the employee. Some old employees deserve a little better gift than a newly joined employee. Likewise a person who has achieved his sales target on time will expect a suitably impressive reward as opposed to the person who is struggling to meet his target.
4. Group gifting: In case, there are more employees, it becomes economical that you give group gifts. Like gifting picnic or resort stay for families of all employees. This works two ways. They get to spend time with families and also enjoy their time as a team.
Spending on corporate gifts ideas for employees has become a norm with many companies. While bonuses are an employee’s right, gifting is your way of rewarding their effort. But make sure that the gift does not exceed the bonus. After all, when the company stumbles, the employee who stands by you passes the test of time to become a loyal employee.